Gallery Promenade, the Arts Council of SWLA’s annual gallery and museum showcase, returns this Friday, September 25th, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and this year, dozens of galleries and art spaces from across Lake Charles and Sulphur will open their doors for an extensive and cooperative art walk that features the area’s current exhibits and local artists.
Gallery Promenade draws residents and visitors into galleries and museums to help boost the public’s awareness of the businesses that work daily to promote the local art scene. Gallery Promenade is a celebratory event that encourages the public to travel from gallery to gallery for a comprehensive and interactive experience of the diversity of Southwest Louisiana’s art and the many artists and art spaces that are further developing the region’s cultural economy.
Gallery Promenade is presented annually by the Arts Council of SWLA and is sponsored by the City of Lake Charles, Union Pacific Foundation, FOX 29/the CW, Healthy Image Marketing, and ASI Office Systems. For details, visit www.artscouncilswla.org or call the Arts Council at 337-439-2787.
Participating Venues and Featured Artists:
- 1911 Historic City Hall (1001 Ryan St) – “Guild Hall” and Edward Koren exhibits, Artisans Gallery
- ACTS Theatre (1 Reid St) – Stephan Darnutzer, Jock McGregor, Katherine Petty and Ryan Patrick Rapp (featuring a DJ set by Paul Dufrene from KBYS and Platter Playlists, musical numbers from an upcoming production of “Guys and Dolls”, and a performance from Itinerant Theatre’s “Nellie”)
- ALA Gallery By The Lake (106 W. Pryce St) – Ellen Anthony, Peggy Borel, Jody Brierty, Pat Craft, Nancy Czejkowski, Anne Dentler, Lois Derise, Imogene Dewey, Therese Dewey, Maraia Dalton, Tim Fontenot, Barbara Haviland, Marlene Little, Jock McGregor, Nancy Peace, Patsi Prince, Linda Ritchie (and featuring “Take a Selfie with Elvis”)
- Alexander Art Studio (900 Ryan St, #102) – Candice Alexander
- Art Associates Gallery @ Central School (809 Kirby St, Suite 208) – Ronnie Collins
- The Art Factory (1753 Common St) – Ceramics exhibit featuring Tracy Lemieux, Jenn Van Putten, Louis DeAngelo, Cynthia Fails (and featuring live throwing demonstrations and gallery talks)
- The Art Shop (706 Ryan St) – Various works
- Art’s Desire (1322 Ryan St) – Julie Dallas, Brenda Lafleur, Raejean Clark (pottery, silk scarf painting, and fish printing demo, Ups 4 Downs auction item preview)
- Black Heritage Gallery @ Central School (809 Kirby St, Suite 207) – Jasmine Patterson
- The Common House (1021 Common St) – Ogden Myers
- Downtown Art Wall (corner of Ryan and Broad St) – Ashley Broussard (work-in-progress)
- Exposure Magazine (1118 1st St) – “Another Day at the Office” exhibit, featuring Erica Shaw Nelson, Jeremy Price, Kelly Royal, Rikki Kennedy, Warren Bujol, Joshua Floyd, Chris Marcell, Landon Tyler, Morgan Allain, Jamie Hartnett, Bryce Bujol, CLARK, Stefan “Bearheart” Bernard, Ben Von Duke, plus live music, green screen photo montage, and feats of strength!
- The Foundation House (720 Enterprise Blvd) – Sarah Bercier, Boon Businelli, Christella Fellows, Matthew Ison, Aden LeDee, Tara Matt, Darin Owens, Courtney Short-Prudhomme, Josie Scott, and Jacob Vines (featuring live music by Neal Smith)
- The Frame House Gallery (1640 Ryan St) – Dr. Lisa Snider, Carol Hagen, Connie Chapman, Patsy Manuel, Herman Manuel
- Grand Gallery @ Shearman Fine Arts Center, McNeese (4205 Ryan St) – Annual Faculty Exhibition featuring Robbie Austin, Cynthia Baskin, Ken Baskin, Martin J. Bee, Meghan Fleming, Amanda Hext, Heather Ryan Kelley, Tessa LaFleur, Lisa Reinauer, Lynn Reynolds, Larry Schuh, Lewis Temple, Gerry Wubben
- Haute Couture Salon (601 Ryan St) – Angela Hoff, Megan Pap (music by DJ Cornbread, with makeup/body art on live models, and live works in progress)
- Henning Cultural Center (923 Ruth St / Sulphur) – Stitch: A Fiber Art Show
- Historic Calcasieu Marine National Bank (844 Ryan St) – McNeese Student Art Association exhibit featuring school projects and personal works. (Live painting to be raffled at end of the night and raffle tickets are only $1. Live jam band of student musicians also performing)
- Lake Charles Little Theatre (813 Enterprise Blvd) – Heather Ryan Kelley, Jon Landry, and Melanie Pardo (featuring costumes and set pieces from Little Theatre productions)
- The Louisiana Market (2710 Hodges St) – Pam LeBleu, 2 Cajun Ladies, Lisa Reed, Rex Berard
- Luna Live (710 Ryan St) – Jeremy Price, Danny Allain, Morgan Allain, Lyndsey Johnson, and more
- Painting With a Twist (4421 Nelson Rd) – Interactive mural, with art by Anna Mallett, Kristen Livergood, Lillian Dunnehoo, Halie David, Shantel Morris, Artis Thomas, Brandon Harrell, Sarah Bercier, Ryan Preatto, Ashley Hebert
- Pujo St. Cafe (901 Ryan St) – Various artists
- Stellar Beans (319 Broad St) – “Waterworks” exhibit, the students of Sue Zimmermann (with live music by Tim Norris)
- TC Imaging @ Central School (809 Kirby St, Studio 337) – Patrick Moss
- Upskale Beauty Salon (502 Enterprise Blvd) – Derrick Thronton and more
- U.S.S. Orleck (604 N. Enterprise Blvd) – Ashley Broussard, Jay Coker, Maura Cole, Maegan Gonzales, Erica Nelson, Jeremy Price, Ben Von Duke (also featuring The Sloppy Taco food truck and Meg Johnson Newman from Queen of Hearts Salon, in the Barber Room)
Artists and events still being added daily, so check the Promenade event page on Facebook for updates and samples.