Consider becoming a Friend of the Arts Council today, and help us continue to make an impact on our community through arts and cultural initiatives. Please choose the option that suits you best!
In Southwest Louisiana, the arts mean business. Our creative industry not only acts as the pulse of our region but also brings in enormous amounts of tourism dollars and consumer spending. Because of your loyalty to the Arts Council’s mission, this past year we were able to enact creative strategies that diversify our culture, economy, and tourism, making SWLA an even better place to live, work, and visit.
Your contribution allows us to continue supporting countless individual artists and over 75 nonprofit arts organizations, including Dancing Classrooms, Lake Charles Symphony, MSU Banners Cultural Series, Henning Cultural Center, Black Heritage Festival, Impromptu Players, and A Block Off Broadway, among many others.
Your contribution enables us to accomplish much, including:
- Working with the City of Lake Charles and Chamber SW to create the Cultural Economy Report that identifies collaborative projects to make our region more conducive for cultural enterprises such as artist residencies, public art, and educational programming.
- Expanding tourism-boosting events such as Live @ the Lakefront, Gallery Promenade, and Spring Art Walk as a way to offer more platforms for working artists and musicians while building vibrancy within the community.
- Offering more promotional services for the arts and more opportunities for professional development for the creative workforce with seminars, workshops, and after hour events.
- Continuing to offer four annual grant programs that are funded by our biggest partners: the Lake Charles/SWLA Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, the City of Lake Charles, and the Office of Cultural Development.
You will receive:
- The HEartBEAT Weekly e-newsletter which keeps you updated on the latest happenings in the region.
- Invites to exclusive special events, patron parties, and access to VIP perks at the hottest events in SWLA.
To start or renew your friendship, fill out the form below and either choose to be a Friend of the Arts Council ($50) or upgrade to the Friends and Family of the Arts Council tier ($100).
Visit our Sponsorship Packages page for information on supporting Arts Council events through your business.